About the Organisation
Bundaberg Region, strategically situated at the southern end of the Great Barrier Reef and stretching from the Burrum River to Baffle Creek, is comprised of 6,451 sq km and is home to more than 90,000 people, with our population expected to grow to over 141,000 people within twenty-five years. Collectively, we are renowned for the friendliness of our residents, superb climate, affordable cost of living, first-class facilities, and relaxed lifestyle.
Bundaberg's coastal region provides unsurpassed fishing, diving, beach and boating activities - these taking place against the backdrop of a rich sugar and horticultural belt.
The elected Council is made up of 10 Councillors and the Mayor and the council has an operating budget of $206 million with staff numbers of 790. This is an exciting era for the Bundaberg region with a strong focus of growing tourism and agriculture in area with abundant opportunity.
About the Position
Bundaberg Regional Council are seeking an experienced communications professional to lead a team of five in the following key areas:
- Provide expert advice and service to the Mayor, Elected Representatives Executive Leadership team on communications and public relations.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with business areas to ensure communication services meet their needs and develop high-level innovative and cost-effective solutions to achieve best practice communication outcomes for the Council
- Lead the Communications Team to provide an effective service to internal customers in areas such as news media management, social media, event management and public relations. manage communication and media services of the department to resolve complex and controversial issues
- Provide corporate frameworks for consistent branding and identity across mediums such as Social Media, Visual Identity, Signage, Advertising, Media Relations.
- Develop and implement frameworks and systems for managing communication and reporting activities that support enterprise-wide strategic priorities and business needs
- Lead the implementation and continuous improvement of communication strategies and plans that ensure the activities of the Council meet key internal and external stakeholder needs and ensure critical incidents are managed effectively and efficiently
- Provide both direction and advice on activities such as advertising, corporate websites, key marketing collateral, campaign management and community engagement.
- Lead regular employee engagement surveys across office and field based staff, including the development of survey questions, administration of the survey across multiple mediums, the collation of results and development and implementation of an action plan to address survey feedback, for consideration of the Executive Leadership Team
What do we need from you:
The person we are seeking for this role has substantial experience in providing expert media, public relations and communications advice in the private or public sector and proven leadership of a communications team in a medium to large organisation.
Demonstrated experience in building relationships with internal and external stakeholders – within a mid to large private or public-sector organisation will be an asset.
Please click on the link for a full copy of the POSITION DESCRIPTION.
How to Apply
Before you apply for this position, please read the position description carefully to assess your eligibility and suitability for the position. You will be required to answer a few questions that relate to the criteria on the online application below. You will also be asked to attach your current resume which should include two recent employment related referees. Please note that you cannot submit your application without attaching your resume. A cover letter is not mandatory, but may be added if so desired. When uploading your Resume or documents please ensure file names should only include 'A-z', '0-9', '.' and '-' characters.
PLEASE NOTE: Once you have commenced your application you cannot save and continue at a later stage. If this position is not what you are looking for then please click on www.lgaqld.applynow.net.au for further vacancies listed with LGAQ Total Solutions.
Application will close on 23rd July at 10pm. Please ensure you leave adequate time to complete you application before the closing date and time.