Manager, Organisational Development - Fraser Coast Regional Council
Hervey Bay, QLD
About the Organisation
The Fraser Coast is a mix of stunning landscapes, islands, cities and town, including Fraser Island, the world’s largest sand island. From the heritage streetscapes of Maryborough to the rich farmlands of Tiaro and the sheltered waters of Hervey Bay, one of Australia's most popular beach destinations this diverse shire offers a myriad of professional and lifestyle advantages. The region covers an area of 7,125 km2 and has a population of more than 96,000 residents.
The Fraser Coast council is made up of the councillors and the Mayor and is divided into 10 divisions, each represented by a single Councillor and the operating budget is over $250 million. The council is experiencing significant growth and therefore has opened a new financial position to be part of the next phase of council’s development within the Directorate of Organisational Services.
About the Position
The main objective of this role is to create and facilitate organisational development and learning activities that support strategic and cultural transformational change agendas of Council. The successful candidate will be required to play a leading role in the development of workplace development initiatives in the areas of Leadership, Culture and Talent Management within Council.
Some key accountabilities include:
- Partner with business leaders to address specific developmental needs and provide action-oriented solutions.
- Oversee needs analysis, assess gaps, and provide solutions that address identified needs.
- Support Leadership programs, which may include developing and updating program materials; assisting with the re-design of current programs; and providing insights on best practices for coaching and feedback.
- Assist with the development and implementation of the People Development Operational Plan, Budget and Service Level Agreements.
- Provide management reports concerning all organisational development issues to support the executive decision-making process.
- Coordinate the work of one or more project teams, consultants, contractors or suppliers to ensure the effective management of projects or initiatives such as performance management and appraisal, cultural change and engagement surveys (including all follow up activities).
- Research, develop and implement initiatives, policies, guidelines and/or procedures that support the delivery of organisational objectives and add value to the productivity, effectiveness and efficiency of Council in the organisational development arena, not limited to organisational culture, leadership development, performance management, workforce planning and succession planning.
Mandatory for this role will be the possession of tertiary qualifications in Human Resource Management, Organisational Development or equivalent. The ideal candidate will have significant HR/OD and working experience with talent management, organisational design, performance management, organisational and change management.
Please click on the link for a full copy of the POSITION DESCRIPTION.
Peak Services is working in conjunction with Fraser Coast Regional council. exclusively on this position. We offer local government expertise across a wide range of professional fields, providing tailored solutions for councils and other similar organisations. We work with our clients to deliver meaningful outcomes in recruitment and contracting services.
How to Apply
Before you apply for this position, please read the position description carefully to assess your eligibility and suitability for the position. You will be required to answer a few questions that relate to the criteria on the online application below. You will also be asked to attach your current resume which should include two recent employment related referees. Please note that you cannot submit your application without attaching your resume. A cover letter is not mandatory, but may be added if so desired. When uploading your Resume or documents please ensure file names should only include 'A-z', '0-9', '.' and '-' characters.
PLEASE NOTE: Once you have commenced your application you cannot save and continue at a later stage. If this position is not what you are looking for then please click on www.lgaqld.applynow.net.au for further vacancies listed with Peak Services.
Application will close on 1st August 2017 at 10:00 am. Please ensure you leave adequate time to complete your application before the closing date and time.
For a confidential conversation, please phone Celia Jones on 0409 119 561.