General Manager, Works - North Burnett Regional Council
About the Position
- Strategic Leadership role focused on community outcomes
- Munduberra Based location
- Salary + Super + Motor Vehicle + Subsidized Accommodation + Professional Development Package
If you are looking for a dream career that comes with an ideal lifestyle to give you an opportunity, to meet your ambition and where you can enjoy work/life balance, the position of General Manager, Works may be what you've been looking for.
As the result of the development of an exciting new Corporate Plan, Council has been presented with an opportunity to realign its core functions and create this new position.
The purpose of the position is to lead the works division in managing the Council’s infrastructure and technical systems in pursuit of Council’s vision, through the Councils’ Corporate and Operations Plans.
The person we seek for the role will possess the following: -
- Experience in Local Government (desirable) or relevant experience in delivering infrastructure services.
- Engineering Qualifications or extensive managerial experience.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in developing strategy for infrastructure departments and anticipating further needs or direction in rapidly changing and complex environment
- Experience in mentoring and providing constructive feedback on performance to a department’s management and supervisory teams to improve capability and development.
- Demonstrated ability to work towards continuous improvement by working collaboratively with the Senior Executive team, contributing to the Corporate Plan and reviewing and analyzing the organisation’s policies and process of improving community outcomes.
About the Organisation
The North Burnett region takes its name from the Burnett River that flows through the area. The region has a picturesque environmental beauty and an abundance of natural resources that support the diverse agricultural industries and a healthy country lifestyle.
The North Burnett Region covers 19,708 square kilometres with the topography of the region being diverse from fertile farmland to rugged geographical formations. The North Burnett is located two hours from the Queensland coast and three and half hours from the Brisbane airport.
The Council came into existence on the 15 March 2008 following the Queensland local government reform process which resulted in the amalgamation of 6 Shires – Monto, Eidsvold, Mundubbera, Gayndah, Mt Perry and Biggenden, into the new North Burnett Regional Council. The Council consists of the Mayor and 6 Councillors. It currently has an operating budget of $33 million and has over 200 employees.
Please click on the link for a full copy of the POSITION DESCRIPTION.
Peak Services is working in conjunction with North Burnett Regional Council., exclusively on this position. We offer local government expertise across a wide range of professional fields, providing tailored solutions for councils and other similar organisations. We work with our clients to deliver meaningful outcomes in recruitment and contracting services.
How to Apply
Before you apply for this position, please read the position description carefully to assess your eligibility and suitability for the position. You will be required to answer a few questions that relate to the criteria on the online application below. You will also be asked to attach your current resume which should include two recent employment related referees. Please note that you cannot submit your application without attaching your resume. A cover letter is not mandatory, but may be added if so desired. When uploading your Resume or documents please ensure file names should only include 'A-z', '0-9', '.' and '-' characters.
PLEASE NOTE: Once you have commenced your application you cannot save and continue at a later stage.
Applications will close on 14 June at 5pm. Please ensure you leave adequate time to complete you application before the closing date and time.