Interim Management Accountant
- 3-6 month Contract with opportunity for Permanent Position
- Key senior Finance role with respected NFP
- Excellent Hourly rate and Cairns CBD Location
Unique opportunity with leading NFP in Cairns for qualified CPA Management Accountant.
With a combined income of close to $2B this organisation is a vibrant, values driven NFP, focused on partnering with State and Federal Government, Donors and the community to co-design services that create genuine social change. Underpinning their bold vision is the determination to create a safe and inclusive community where every individual has intrinsic value. Strengthening the wellbeing of their community by advocating for and delivering social services which lead and support people to a better future is at the heart of everything they do.
As Management Accountant you will be based in Cairns and report to the CEO. The role is responsible for the monthly processing of financial records of the organisation and the production of all financial management reports including GST, BAS and FBT, ensuring all statutory reporting and compliance obligations are met.
Selection Criteria includes:
- Demonstrated ability in a similar Management Accountant role with a minimum of 3-5 years experience
- Understanding and commitment to the vision, values, ethics and core principles of the organisation
- Strong commercial and business acumen
- Effective communication and relationship management skills including the ability to liaise effectively with a wide range of stakeholders and to prepare correspondence
- Strong time management skills including prioritisation of work and the ability to solve issues
As an experienced CPA Management Accountant with more than 3 to 5 years experience, you will have strong technical accounting skills and a knowledge of Australian accounting standards, particularly as they apply to the NFP sector. You will have a “can do” proactive approach with the capability to adapt to changing priorities and the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
You will need to be available for an immediate start and able to commit for a minimum of 3 - 6 months.
Why this Role?
This is no ordinary temporary Management Accountant position. This is a role where you can truly make a difference and work with a respected Provider in the NFP sector and have the opportunity to apply for the permanent role.
How to Apply
PEAK Services is excited to be working with this highly regarded NFP organisation. We work with a broad range of clients to deliver meaningful outcomes in recruitment and contracting services.
You will be required to answer a few questions on the online application below. Please note that you cannot submit your application without attaching your resume. A cover letter is not mandatory, but may be added if so desired. When uploading your Resume or documents please ensure file names should only include 'A-z', '0-9', '.' and '-' characters.
PLEASE NOTE: Once you have commenced your application you cannot save and continue at a later stage.
Applications close at 10pm on Wednesday 14th April at 10:00pm.
For a confidential conversation, please call Susan Lunn at Peak Recruitment Services on 0437 935 982.