Interim Environmental Health Officer
About the Organisation
The Lockyer Valley region is ideally situated around one hour's drive from Brisbane. It covers an area of approximately 2200 square kilometres straddling the Warrego Highway, with a growing population, currently sitting at 41,731 residents.
The Council is made up of one Mayor and six Councillors with a leadership team consisting of the CEO, Group Manager People and Business Performance, Group Manager Community and Regional Prosperity and Acting Group Manager Infrastructure. The head office is located in Gatton with a works depot located just out of town.
Council is committed to delivering sustainable services to the community to enhance liveability while embracing economic, cultural and natural diversity. Lockyer Valley Regional Council have a strong set of values as a reminder of what is important as an organisation. They have a strong customer focus and strive to enable opportunities within the region.
About the Position
There is currently an opportunity for a qualified Environmental Health Officer for a 3-month contract with Lockyer Valley Regional Council starting in April 2021. The successful applicant will be required to provide environmental health assistance and undertake Council's food safety inspections.
What you will be doing:
- underatke inspections of food premises, prescribed activities (eg caravan parks, campgrounds), and health premises (eg tattoo parlours) for compliance, including Covid-19 restrictions compliance
- provide education as needed for non-compliance
- investigate food safety, public health and environmental protection complaints
- other environmental health duties as directed
The key requirements for this placement are:
- passion and sound working knowledge of Environmental Health
- relevant tertiary qualifications in Environmental Health
- demonstrated ability to show initiative and problem solve
- knowledge of the relevant legislation such as the Local Government Act, Environment Protection Act, Food Act and relevant local laws
- high level of customer service and communication skills
- relevant experience in Environmental Health with Local Government (desirable)
PEAK Services is working in conjunction with Lockyer Valley Regional Council on this position. We offer local government expertise across a wide range of professional fields, providing tailored solutions for councils and other similar organisations. We work with our clients to deliver meaningful outcomes in the recruitment and contracting services.
How to Apply
Before you apply for this position, please read the position description carefully to assess your eligibility and suitability for the position. You will be required to answer a few questions that relate to the criteria on the online application below. Please note that you cannot submit your application without attaching your resume. A cover letter is not mandatory but may be added if so desired. When uploading your Resume or documents please ensure file names should only include 'A-z', '0-9', '.' and '-' characters.
PLEASE NOTE: Once you have commenced your application you cannot save and continue at a later stage.
Applications will close on 12/04/2019 at 10 pm. Please ensure you leave adequate time to complete your application before the closing date and time.
For a confidential conversation, please call Julie O'Sullivan at Peak Recruitment Services on 0428 642 119.