- Permanent full time position located an hour west of Brisbane
- Work in a supportive team environment of nurturing and caring educators
- Competitive remuneration package based on experience plus up to 12% superannuation
Closing Date - 24th May at 10 pm
Within this ever-changing world there could not be a better time to secure a role in regional Queensland and to enjoy the fresh air and yet only be an hour from a capital city. We are seeking a full time qualified Early Childhood Teacher (ECT) for the Kindergarten program at Lockyer Valley Regional Council!
The purpose of this position is to plan, implement and evaluate a kindergarten program suitable to the needs of the children attending the Centre.
The Centre provides long day care services with 59 places and is open 50 weeks per year, Monday to Friday from 6.00am to 6.00pm (excluding public holidays). There are four children’s rooms: nursery, toddlers, junior kindy and kindy. The Centre has been an integral part of the community for over 30 years and your passion for making a difference to the life of every child and their families is vital to its ongoing success.
All rooms have qualified lead educators who work together with a team of qualified and studying educators. The Centre has a strong focus on providing high quality education and care services to the community and Council want to ensure a supportive and motivating environment for staff and a nurturing and educational environment to engage a busy and energetic group of children.
To apply for this role, you must have:
- An ACECQA recognised degree in early childhood teaching (i.e. Bachelor of Early Childhood Education)
- Demonstrated ability to develop, plan and implement a high quality, educational and child centred program that meets the needs of individual children
- An understanding and working knowledge of the National Quality Framework, which includes the National Regulations and National Quality Standards (NQS), and the Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guideline
- A valid Working with Children Check (Blue Card)
- Current first aid and CPR accreditations
- COVID-19 Vaccinations in accordance with Queensland Health Directions
- A current driver’s licence (Class C)
For a full position description please click here.
We are looking for an applicant that can develop a cooperative relationship with all members of staff to ensure a smoothly operating centre and a consistently caring, secure and active environment that is responsible for all children at all times.
This is a great opportunity to work in a beautiful rural setting in a family friendly community with much to offer. If you are just starting your career or further down the education path, do not hesitate to talk to us about this wonderful opportunity in a great team environment
How to Apply
You will be required to answer a few questions that relate to the criteria on the online application below. Please note that you cannot submit your application without attaching your resume. A cover letter is not mandatory, but may be added if so desired. When uploading your Resume or documents please ensure file names should only include 'A-z', '0-9', '.' and '-' characters.
PLEASE NOTE: Once you have commenced your application you cannot save and continue at a later stage.
For a confidential conversation, please call Sila Tasolo at Peak Services on 0428 642 119