- Full time fixed term
- Stunning, Remote Location in the Top End
- $120K + upto 12% superannuation + 3 Bed House + Vehicle with private use
- Relocation assistance provided
About the Organisation
Rarely do opportunities arise to work in and experience life in such a unique environment. If you love getting off the beaten track and having the chance to see a part of the world that few have visited, then this adventure will need you to get your fishing rod and outdoor gear ready!
In April 1972, senior Yolngu leaders and their extended families began moving away from the Yirrkala mission and the expanding mining town, back to their traditional clan land around Arnhem Land. In 1985, Laynhapuy Homelands Aboriginal Corporation (LHAC or ‘Laynha’) was established to assist in supporting these communities. Today, Laynha services some 30 homeland communities with a population of approximately 1100 Yolngu residents across the region, and approximately 300 regular visitors. It is a member based association of the Yolngu, with no statutory or other powers.
About the Position
This position reports directly to the General Manager Health and Operations. The primary objective of the role is to manage the day to day operations of the unit and provide technical support and maintenance relating to all works for Homelands housing and infrastructure.
You will have proven experience in successfully managing and delivering a wide range of civil infrastructure delivery and facilities maintenance. Other tasks you will confidently manage include:
- Planning and scheduling repairs and maintenance of Homelands housing and infrastructure
- Sourcing quotes on works to ensure cost effective solutions
- Liaising with Homelands residents to ensure all works are carried out appropriately and within codes of practice
- Ensuring high quality workmanship.
You will work closely with the General Manager Health & Operations and have your ideas supported and a genuine opportunity to ensure ‘best practice’ is embedded across your functional areas of responsibility.
Requirements for the role will include:
- A knowledge of planning, scheduling and budgeting.
- Ability and willingness to travel by air or 4x4 vehicle to remote area in homelands as required
- Demonstrated respect for culture diversity and the ability to effectively communicate and work with the Yolngu members
- NT drivers licence or ability to obtain
- Relevant trade qualifications is favourable
This role is perfect whether you are a seasoned manager or just starting out in management with a trades background. Your passion and expertise can come together to create a truly defining career opportunity. Whilst Laynhapuy may not be somewhere you’ve previously considered living and working , this is a unique lifestyle opportunity with career upside.
For a full position description please click Here.
How to Apply
You will be required to answer a few questions that relate to the criteria on the online application below. Please note that you cannot submit your application without attaching your resume. A cover letter is not mandatory, but may be added if so desired. When uploading your Resume or documents please ensure file names should only include 'A-z', '0-9', '.' and '-' characters.
PLEASE NOTE: Once you have commenced the application you cannot save and continue at a later stage.
For a confidential conversation, please call Sila Tasolo at Peak Recruitment Services on 0428 642 119.