HR and Payroll Coordinator | Interim role
- Great work environment in a friendly team
- 12 month contract with a view to extend
- $100K + Super
Do you consider yourself as empathetic, a perfectionist, a great communicator and have a great 'aye' for detail? Drive the overall HR performance of an island community from a Brisbane based office with an opportunity to travel to this stunning location from time to time. Well aye aye captain and look no further, this HR and Payroll Coordinator adventure is calling your name!
About the Organisation
Peak Services has an enviable track record of helping Queensland business get more out of their workforce, services and assets. Peak is Australia’s only professional services company focused on local government. As we are fully owned by the Local Government Association of Queensland (LGAQ), ‘partnership’ is not just a word to us - It’s the only way we work with councils. Committed to the regions we serve, we have developed a unique professional services business tailored to supporting local government. We are a growing team and are experiencing an exciting time of change.
About the Position
You will be based in our Newstead office working remotely as an HR & Payroll Coordinator dedicated to one of Peaks valued clients. Reporting to the Manager-Corporate and Finance you will be responsible for the overall Human Resource duties and the various Payroll functions providing support to the senior management and staff of our client. This is a 12 month contract with the view of extending that much further based on performance and business requirements.
The role responsibilities will include:
- The application and interpretation of relevant Acts, Legislation, Organisational Policies & guidelines and Enterprise Agreement, precedents and practices to ensure correct payments are made to employees and compliance requirements are met.
- Review of NIRC Enterprise Bargaining Agreement and its consistent application to employees contract and payroll set up
- Providing expert advice in the development and review of Council’s guidelines
- Develop record keeping system for HR confidential files ensuring all employee records are audited
For a complete copy of the position description please click HERE
We are looking for someone that thinks outside the box and comes up with creative new ways as solutions to problems. You will have a high level of attention to detail and enjoy working with numbers and policies with the ability to prioritize appropriately to meet deadlines. You'll be able to communicate cross functionally and with the team that is located remotely.
Requirements for the role will include:
- Experience in human resource is desirable
- Experience in processing payroll is desirable
- Experience working in local government is desirable
- Ability to communicate effectively and confidently to senior management and staff
How to Apply
Before you apply for this position, please read the position description carefully to assess your eligibility and suitability for the position. You will be required to answer a few questions that relate to the criteria on the online application below. Please note that you cannot submit your application without attaching your resume. A cover letter is not mandatory, but may be added if so desired. When uploading your Resume or documents please ensure file names should only include 'A-z', '0-9', '.' and '-' characters.
PLEASE NOTE: Once you have commenced your application you cannot save and continue at a later stage.
Applications will close on 30/05/2022 at 10 pm. Please ensure you leave adequate time to complete your application before the closing date and time. Interviews may be conducted prior to closing date and as applications are received.
For a confidential conversation, please contact Sila Tasolo at Peak Services on 0428 642 119.